Imagine a world that’s safe, just, and on track to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our imagination has great power and by tapping into our creativity and diversity we can create a future where we thrive in harmony with the planet.
That’s why the UN SDG Action Campaign has launched the 2023 UN SDG Action Awards to recognize and celebrate initiatives and individuals that #FlipTheScript and mobilize, inspire, and connect people to work towards a better world.
Award-winning initiatives and individuals are those that turn apathy into action, harness the power of creativity to inspire positive change, turn division into unity, and demonstrate that the power is in our hands to bring about transformative change.
Winners and finalists will be unveiled at an inspiring and creative UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony in the summer of 2023 with global coverage.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be showcased on a global stage, gain recognition, and connect with a network of changemakers. Applications and nominations can be submitted from 28 February to 30 April 2023 at 23:59 EST.
Today’s challenges transcend any one person or government or single entity. That does not mean we are powerless as individuals — but only that we are more powerful together. We need to take action now, from the local to the global and at every point in between.
2023 UN SDG Action Awards Categories
- MOBILIZE: Initiatives that turn apathy into action by mobilizing hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of individuals to take action for the SDGs. Learn about last year’s Mobilize winner: SUPvivors say NO MORE — Ecuador.
- INSPIRE: Initiatives that harness the power of creativity to inspire positive change and shift behaviour for the SDGs. Learn about last year’s Inspire winner: The Masungi Story.
- CONNECT: Initiatives that turn division into unity by connecting diverse sectors and partners — from citizens to institutions — to accelerate progress on the SDGs. Learn about last year’s Connect winner: CyprusInno.
- CHANGEMAKER: Outstanding individuals who demonstrate that the power is in our hands to Flip the Script and bring about transformative change. Learn about last year’s Changemaker winner: Srishti Bakshi.
- View UN SDG Action Awards alumni
About the UN SDG Action Awards
The UN SDG Action Awards is a signature programme of the UN SDG Action Campaign, seeking initiatives and individuals that mobilize, inspire and connect people to drive positive change. Over 3,000 applications and nominations are received annually from over 150 countries. Following technical review process that identifies the finalists, a high-level Panel of Judges consisting of leaders across sectors and geographies select the winners. Winners and finalists will be unveiled at an inspiring and creative UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony in the summer of 2023 with global coverage.
About the UN SDG Action Campaign
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General hosted by the UN Development Programme, with a mandate to CONNECT, MOBILIZE, and INSPIRE people and organizations across sectors and geographies to take actions for the SDGs. Based in Bonn, Germany, with a lean team that marshals advocacy strategies and initiatives to inspire SDG action.