10 ways to join the Global Week to #Act4SDGs
The Global Week to #Act4SDGs (17–28 September) aims to drive collective action on the SDGs, mobilizing key stakeholders from all sectors while reminding world leaders that people around the world are doing their part. The Week is convened by the UN SDG Action Campaign, together with a number of partners from civil society, private sector, youth networks and many more.
But of course, we can’t just rely on organizations to make a difference — we need everyone to show that change is possible and that there is hope beyond the pandemic, and that we can turn it around for a healthy, just and green recovery, keeping the promise of the SDGs.
The mobilization ambition for 2021 is to inspire millions of people to take individual and collective SDG action with an overall target of mobilizing 1 billion actions by 2030, the target date to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
All actions will be captured and visualized in a global heat map which can be filtered down by country, region, SDG, and sector, allowing us to report back at key UN milestone moments to show how collective action can lead to great change around the world.
10 WAYS TO JOIN THE GLOBAL WEEK TO #ACT4SDGs
- Register your profile on http://act4sdgs.org/register
- Log your actions on our global heat map of SDG actions to make sure they count! You can come back and log more actions as you take them.
- For inspiration, use our Toolkit and see the many ways you can make a change
- Amplify your efforts by inviting your family, friends, employees, organization — everyone — to join your efforts
- The more people you activate, the more actions you can register on the map!
- Tell your social media followers about what you are doing — and tag us @SDGAction with the hashtags #Act4SDGs and #TurnItAround for a chance to be featured on our channels
- Go to our Trello board to find social media assets in 10 different languages to share on social media.
- Use our AR filters on Facebook and Instagram
- Record a video of yourself telling you followers about your actions
- Don’t forget to upload photos and videos of what you are doing so we can see them! Always come back to your profile page on the Global Map — ACT4SDGs
TURNING POINT DIALOGUES
A special selection of NEW Turning Point Dialogues will be premiered across the Global Week to #Act4SDGs. The Dialogues aim to inform and inspire participants about key issues like climate action and poverty alleviation, human rights, and combating global inequalities. Through the dialogues, change makers from across the world will share their vision for how we can turn it around, and will issue a call to action for audiences to take action in their own lives and through their spheres of influence.
Watch the Turning Point Dialogues starting on the 16th of September 2021.
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT
Toolkit of SDG actions
Whether you are an individual acting on your own or part of an organization aiming to catalyze action on the SDGs through your networks — partners can find all the ways to take action during the Global Week to #Act4SDGs in the toolkit, which features creative and open source individual action campaigns and partner initiatives to collect millions of actions around the world in our global map of SDG actions.
Flip the script — #TurnItAround Filter
Use our filter on Facebook and Instagram to show the world what you are doing to #TurnItAround for people and planet. Check out the guidance note to find a sample script to record a video for sharing on social media.
COMMUNICATIONS ASSETS AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES
Share multimedia assets and actions to inspire others! Tag us at @SDGaction and use the hashtags #Act4SDGs and #TurnItAround
Languages: English | French | Spanish | Italian | Arabic | Russian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | German
This is our moment — every action counts to #TurnItAround for people and planet! VISIT OUR WEBSITE